Interested in learning more about apothecary jars, the history of pharmacy, or the history of medicine? These resources can get you started.
- American Institute of the History of Pharmacy
- International Society for the History of Pharmacy
- Images from the History of Medicine (IHM)
- Crellin, John Keith. Apothecary jars: Selections from the Mogull Apothecary Jar and General Pharmacy Collection. Storrs, Conn.: School of Pharmacy, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs, 1981.
- Hill, C. R., Drey Rudolf E. A. Drug Jars. Catalogue / University of Oxford. Museum of the History of Science. Oxford: Museum of the History of Science, 1980.
- Drey, Rudolf E. A. Apothecary Jars: Pharmaceutical Pottery and Porcelain in Europe and the East, 1150 - 1850. London: Faber and Faber, 1978.