Parkland Hospital on Maple Avenue, with doctors and nurses in front

ext_00003_1.jpg

Title

Parkland Hospital on Maple Avenue, with doctors and nurses in front

Subject

Hospital Design and Construction--history; Medical Staff; Medical Office Buildings;

Description

Parkland Hospital opened a new brick building-- the first brick hospital in Texas--on December 1,1913. It was one of the best-equipped hospitals in the state. Additions were built in the 1920's and 1930's. Parkland occupied this site until 1954. Noted architects Hubbel and Greene designed the original 1913 building. It still stands at the corner of Maple and Oak Lawn Avenues, and has become the centerpiece of the Old Parkland private office park.

Creator

Unknown

Date

Milestone date: 1913
Creation date: Circa 1914

Identifier

ext_00003

Geolocation

Citation

Unknown, “Parkland Hospital on Maple Avenue, with doctors and nurses in front,” Exhibits, accessed November 15, 2018, https://utswlibrary.omeka.net/items/show/59.